Idk, this morning I wanted to share how this body was feeling. This body was feeling like it’s fine as it is. These eyes caught this body in the mirror and this mind thought, This body has its own loveliness for those who can see it… Most days, this body’s strength is far more apparent to me than its beauty. So in a moment of celebration, I’m sharing what struck me as lovable. ❤️
I found this intriguing question today in my notes from I don’t know what. It said, “What is MY instruction manual? If not the standard extrovert directive?”
I have no idea what context gave rise to this question. I guess the second part refers to the belief I had found myself holding, that the main point of life was to have as many friends as possible and surround oneself with them at all times, a cause at which I’ve always felt like a failure, since I am so often overwhelmed by interaction and fleeing toward solitude. I guess I was asking, what if I’m measuring myself against the wrong standard? Could each person have their own secret orders? Implanted like a scroll in the heart, a set of instructions, a challenge to try to live up to, a direction to aim in? Those things that maybe don’t always come so easy, but which nevertheless I’m to strive for?
I wondered who would ever write such a thing… and what mine might say. So I asked. And here, in case you are curious, is what I heard…
for one lifetime
assigned to: Angela Galik
- Open your heart to love – though you fear other people – learn to trust them. Have courage and keep trying.
- Have courage and keep trying, in every other situation too.
- Notice others and their tender spots. Try to remember that their behavior toward you is often not about you. Try to see their struggles with compassion. Find ways to help.
- Keep in touch with the earth. Touch it with your hands and feet and body and breath. This will help you remember your unity with all things.
- Strive always to uncover your light and to remove, one by one, the many veils with which it is hidden. Reveal yourself to the world. Encourage and support others in revealing themselves. This helps to dispel fear.
- Listen to the yearnings of your heart. They will give you guidance in the moment. The guidance they give is true.
- Honor your creative process and give it space to take root and to bloom. There are things that the world needs to draw out of you for its nourishment, so learn to share that which you create. When obstacles appear, don’t stop; absorb them and transform them into your art, even if it takes a long time.
- Learn all you can. Strive to understand ever more deeply. Teach others what you have discovered.
- Keep faith. Remember always that you are part of something greater. Communicate often with your Source. Surrender your life to its calling.
- Be gentle with yourself, dear. Beating yourself up won’t help you to do better. Take care of yourself when you feel low. Build trust with yourself. Love yourself into growth.
So that’s what came… as my instructions, my orders from the universe.
Ok then. Getting to it. Off I go.